- Cebu travel operators eye fully-vaccinated tourists as market | Philipines
Tour and travel operators in Cebu and Central Visayas have expressed willingness to work with the Department of Tourism (DOT) in setting directions and strategies in tapping fully-vaccinated tourists as a come-in market to revive the central Philippines’ tourism industry.
- Turkish Airlines increases daily flights from Dubai and launches new campaign | Asia
Turkish Airlines launched a promotional campaign that will be available until June 18, 2021, to announce the new flights.
- Thai AirAsia | Change flights no surcharges
Due to the current travel restrictions caused by a spike in Covid-19 cases in and around the Thai capital, Thai AirAsia is extending its offer of unlimited free flight changes for those who wish to alter their travel plans.
- Accor signs a new MGallery resort in Phu Quoc | Vietnam
Accor has signed a new MGallery hotel in Phu Quoc, as part of the hospitality group’s pioneering expansion across Vietnam. The resort is set to debut in 2023, with 94 hotel rooms and 37 villas.
- France welcomes tourists with EU-approved shots | Europe
France’s acceptance of only the Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines means tourism is likely to be slow to pick up from China and other countries that use vaccines not approved by the European Medicines Agency.
- Why Americans will be ‘winging’ their vacations this summer | Travel trend
While more people identified as “planners,” 72% said the pandemic has shifted their current travel habits, so flying by the seat of one’s pants may be the summer vacation mode de rigueur.