Hoa Lu , situated 100 km south of Hanoi, was the capital city of Vietnam under the Dinh Dynasty between 968 and 1009 AD. Some of the sanctuaries and tombs have survived the years and can still be seen today.
Apart from its historical interest, the area is also one of astounding natural beauty with limestone peaks whose splendor is often said to surpass that of Ha Long Bay. It is true that this area is often referred to as “ Ha Long Bay on Land.”
The tour includes being rowed along the Ngo Dong River , which makes for a truly unforgettable experience, passing between towering limestone peaks.
You will leave Hanoi at 9:00 a.m. and head south for a 2 hour drive along Highway 1. You will spend one hour visiting the Dinh and Le sanctuaries and then move on to Tam Coc for a 2 hour boat trip along the Boi River. Along the way, you will visit caves and ancient temples. After lunch, you will visit Thai Vi Temple and Bich Dong Pagodas before making your way back to Hanoi.
- Private pick-up & drop-off services
- Private tour with English or French speaking guide
- Daily departure from Hanoi.
- All private transportation and transfers
- English speaking guide
- Sampan trip
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Services charges and government taxes
- Pre & post accommodation
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance