A magnificent presence on the Mekong river, Aqua Mekong showcases modern architecture and interiors by renowned architect Noor Design. The Mekong river cruise ship’s 20 spacious, air-conditioned suites feature full-length windows that offer spectacular panoramas of the ever-changing Mekong scenery. With its commitment to safety and comfort, Aqua Mekong remains the leader in Cambodia and Vietnam luxury cruises. The four ergonomically-designed launch boats bring guests on highly personalized day trips to explore the Mekong delta through landmarks, temples, and villages where tradition, spirituality, and craftsmanship reside.
As the Aqua Mekong charts a luxurious passage across Cambodia and Vietnam, on-board guests embark on an inspiring journey of local flavors with a dining experience crafted by Michelin-starred consulting chef David Thompson. The ship’s bar menu, created by renowned spirit experts and cocktail designers Proof & Co, echoes a similar locally-minded philosophy.
Joining our full 7-night Mekong Expedition Cruise allows us to share with you all the mysteries and wonders we have discovered between the Mekong River, Tonle Sap Lake and among the diverse cultures thriving in our midst.
During the period from December to August, our program includes much more time on the Cambodia stretch of the Mekong and along the Tonle Sap River, a more rural and scenic area of Cambodia, untouched by tourists. You will have plenty of opportunities to explore, from daily biking options (10 - 15km), kayaking, to relaxing excursions on shaded tuk-tuk and experience the authentic life of people around the river.
Passengers who travel with us from August to November experience the full history of Mekong life, meeting Khmer farmers, Buddhist monks and our entrepreneurial friends in Vietnam’s wet markets along the way. Travel leisurely back in time across this legendary landscape and visit the Tonle Sap Lake, a spectacular freshwater lake that that is inhabited by more than three million people living around its bank.
Day 1: Embark Aqua Mekong at Marina My Tho Port (Vietnam) and cruise along Mekong River. Overnight on board (L/D)
Day 2: Cruising upriver from Binh Thanh/Sa Dec - My An Hung. Overnight on board (B/L/D)
Day 3: Continue cruising through Chau Doc - Vinh Xuong – ka’om Samnor Border. Overnight on board (B/L/D)
Day 4: Cruising to Koh Oknha Tey - Preah Prosop. Overnight on board (B/L/D)
Day 5: Cruising to Phnompenh to see off 4-night guests, then continue cruising on Mekong River. Overnight on board (B/L/D)
Day 6: Cruising from Koh Chen to Kampong Prasat. Overnight on board (B/L/D)
Day 7: Cruising from Kampong Prasat to Kampong Chhnang, then downriver to Kampong Tralach Overnight on board (B/L/D)
Day 8: Cruise back to Phnompenh to disembark, and transfer to Phnom Penh Airport for taking flight to Siem Reap (B)
SIEM REAP FLIGHT EXTENSION
During low water season, cruise vessels are not able to travel up to the Tonle Sap Lake due to the water level. Airplane transfers via Cambodian Angkor Air are included in your cruise fare in order to continue your Cambodian adventure with us to Siem Reap and its ancient lost city of Angkor Wat. Requests for flight changes and/or upgrades are not available. Please kindly inform our Reservations team should you choose to remain in Phnom Penh after disembarkation.
Note: All itineraries are subject to change, due to weather and other conditions.
- Sharing double occupancy in Design Suite with air condition & well-equipped facilities:
- Luxurious 322 square feet design suite or 644 square feet interconnecting suite
- Comfortable California King-size bed or twin beds
- Suites without balconies have panoramic windows & an interior sofa that converts to a single bed
- Suites with balconies have panoramic windows, sliding glass door and an exterior daybed
- Large double closets, chest of drawers with safe
- Pampering organic natural hair and bath amenities
- En-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and rainforest showerhead & professional hairdryer
- All meals while on board
- Selected premium wines and beer, non-alcoholic drinks
- Excursions with knowledgeable local guides
- Group transfers between vessel and meeting point in Phnompenh and Ho Chi Minh city
- Internet connection (intermittent depends on locations)
- All air tickets and visas fees
- Private transfers from vessel and meeting points
- Alcoholic drinks, spa services and all other individual expenses (ex. boutique purchases) which are not mentioned in “all-inclusive experience”, are at your owned pockets
- Supplement charge for single use accommodation
- Guide and crew gratuities