From the 16th to 18th century, Hoi An was a thriving international commercial port for Chinese, Dutch, French, Japanese, Portuguese and Arab traders. These people came primarily to trade in the high grade silk, which is still produced in the area, as well as ceramics.
Today, Hoi An is a quaint riverside town, popular with tourists for its eclectic architecture, tailors shops, and numerous cafes. Some of the buildings in the narrow streets have remained unchanged for more than a century.
You will enjoy a half-day walking tour through the narrow winding streets of the Ancient Quarter , visiting Chua Ong Pagoda , the Chinese Assembly Halls , the 200 year old Tam Ky Ancestral House, and the Japanese Bridge .
After lunch you will take a short boat trip to a nearby island to visit a handicraft village specializing in ceramics, and you will also visit the boat building yards. Hoi An is now one of UNESCO’s five World Heritage designated sites in Vietnam.
- Private pick-up & drop-off services
- Private tour with English or French speaking guide
- Daily departure from Hoi An / Danang
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services
- Experienced English or French speaking guide
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast ; L: Lunch ; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets
- Services charges and government tax
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above.